Apple releases iOS 6 beta 3 with new settings for MapsApple on Monday supplied developers with the third beta of iOS 6, arriving three weeks after the previous beta build, adding new features like expanded settings for the Maps application..
Developers can now download iOS 6 beta 3 from Software Update on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. In addition, full downloads are also available from Apple's developer portal.
People familiar with the latest build indicated that there are new options in the Settings application for Apple's new Maps software. Specifically, the third beta now allows developers to customize certain aspects like the volume of turn-by-turn navigation, and whether to measure distances in miles or kilometers.
The last update, which arrived in late June, included a pair of fixes related to touchscreen keyboard performance. iOS 6 beta 3 is compatible with the third-generation iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and fourth-generation iPod touch. The final software will be released to the public this fall.
iOS 6 was formally announced last month at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference. Developers were also provided with the first beta after its unveiling, allowing them to test their applications before the formal public launch this fall.
On Topic: iPhone
- Alleged 'iPhone 7' chassis shows symmetrical speakers, lacks 3.5mm headphone jack
- Supplier ASE says Apple 'conservative' on orders ahead of expected 'iPhone 7' launch
- French talk show resorts to iPhones to continue shooting after power outage
- Rumor: Apple's space gray 'iPhone 7' will be a 'much darker color'
- New leaks show bigger lens opening on 'iPhone 7,' dual-lens camera on '7 Plus'