Apple confirms select iCloud users unable to access old emailsIn a system status update on the iCloud Support web page, Apple confirmed that some users may be affected by a temporary error where older emails are inaccessible.
The message, posted under "iCloud: Mail & Notes" shortly after noon PST on Tuesday, notes select iCloud users may not be able to access older email messages at this time, though sending and receiving new messages should be unaffected.
Users reporting problems with Apple's cloud service have complained that messages received prior to July 30 become unavailable and disappeared from their devices after syncing with iCloud. It is not yet known whether the messages have been deleted or are merely not being pushed to users' devices.
Apple has promised the issue would be resolved "ASAP" but gave no indication of what exactly caused the error.
On Topic: General
- Apple hands out rainbow Apple Watch bands to commemorate LGBT Pride
- How the AppleInsider podcast is recorded and edited
- Review: DJI's Phantom 4 sets new standard for affordable drones
- This week on AI: 'iPhone 7' holds back, 2017 Apple Watch plans, Thunderbolt Display gone & more
- Apple's FaceTime subject of renewed VoIP patent infringement lawsuit