Apple confirms select iCloud users unable to access old emailsIn a system status update on the iCloud Support web page, Apple confirmed that some users may be affected by a temporary error where older emails are inaccessible.
The message, posted under "iCloud: Mail & Notes" shortly after noon PST on Tuesday, notes select iCloud users may not be able to access older email messages at this time, though sending and receiving new messages should be unaffected.
Users reporting problems with Apple's cloud service have complained that messages received prior to July 30 become unavailable and disappeared from their devices after syncing with iCloud. It is not yet known whether the messages have been deleted or are merely not being pushed to users' devices.
Apple has promised the issue would be resolved "ASAP" but gave no indication of what exactly caused the error.
On Topic: General
- How to use iCloud Drive on the Web, iOS and OS X
- TAG Heuer to take on Apple Watch with smartwatch initiative, plans acquisitions
- Work on Apple's new Union Square site begins as existing San Francisco store gets Winter Walk
- Apple suspends online sales in Russia amid currency turmoil
- Google's 'Physical Web' answer to Apple's iBeacons gets first hardware partner