Apple iTunes, App Stores experience outages [u]Coming on the heels of an iCloud email issue, users are reporting Apple's iTunes Store and App Store are also down.
While AppleInsider can't confirm the validity of users' complaints, the alleged outage seems to be widespread as many iOS users have taken to Twitter to voice their concerns over "cannot connect" error messages when attempting to purchase songs and apps through both the iTunes Store and the App Store.
The issue is most likely related to problems retrieving email messages on iCloud reported earlier today. That issue has been confirmed by Apple through its iCloud Support page and the company is reportedly working on a rolling out a fix soon.
Update: The problems appear to be fixed though Apple has yet to release a statement regarding the issue.
On Topic: General
- New $1.4B Japan Display plant slated to open in 2016, likely dedicated to Apple
- Apple, Google, hundreds of other US companies file court brief in support of same-sex marriage
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's presence in China, Samsung Galaxy S6, mobile payment news, more
- Apple to reportedly bolster iAd user targeting with phone numbers and emails
- Apple researching device waterproofing via vapor deposition, silicone seals