Apple iTunes, App Stores experience outages [u]Coming on the heels of an iCloud email issue, users are reporting Apple's iTunes Store and App Store are also down.
While AppleInsider can't confirm the validity of users' complaints, the alleged outage seems to be widespread as many iOS users have taken to Twitter to voice their concerns over "cannot connect" error messages when attempting to purchase songs and apps through both the iTunes Store and the App Store.
The issue is most likely related to problems retrieving email messages on iCloud reported earlier today. That issue has been confirmed by Apple through its iCloud Support page and the company is reportedly working on a rolling out a fix soon.
Update: The problems appear to be fixed though Apple has yet to release a statement regarding the issue.
On Topic: General
- Review: Neato Botvac Connected uses iPhone, Apple Watch and lasers for an effective clean
- Apple to co-sponsor 2017 Met Gala without co-chair position
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $80B, deal announcement imminent - report [u: confirmed]
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform