Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 04:01 pm PT (07:01 pm ET)
Apple iTunes, App Stores experience outages [u]Coming on the heels of an iCloud email issue, users are reporting Apple's iTunes Store and App Store are also down.
While AppleInsider can't confirm the validity of users' complaints, the alleged outage seems to be widespread as many iOS users have taken to Twitter to voice their concerns over "cannot connect" error messages when attempting to purchase songs and apps through both the iTunes Store and the App Store.
The issue is most likely related to problems retrieving email messages on iCloud reported earlier today. That issue has been confirmed by Apple through its iCloud Support page and the company is reportedly working on a rolling out a fix soon.
Update: The problems appear to be fixed though Apple has yet to release a statement regarding the issue.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon