We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Briefly: Surprise birthday party thrown for Apple co-founder Steve WozniakFusion-io, the flash-memory technology company at which Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is chief scientist as well as investor, threw the tech guru a surprise birthday party on Wednesday in San Francisco.
Wozniak, referred to affectionately as the "Woz," will actually turn 62 on August 11, but Fusion decided to hold the gala as a surprise at San Franciscos Museum of Modern Art where secretly-invited guests received pink boas and noise makers, reports All Things D.
Apparently the party was kept secret despite the prevalence of social-media though Wozniak's wife had to delete a "drunk" text or tweet from his phone last night.
Woz's surprise birthday party. | Source: All Things D
In concert with the event, Fusion-io announced its ION Data Accelerator software which boosts server speeds by optimizing flash memory processes. Companies testing the new technology include Apple and Facebook.
On Topic: General
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts