Monday, August 06, 2012, 06:05 pm
Sprint drops iPhone 4S price to $149 ahead of rumored next-gen iPhone releaseU.S. wireless carrier Sprint has cut the price of Apple's current iPhone 4S to $149 and is waiving activation fees for the handset ahead of a rumored Apple special event that may see the launch of a next-generation iPhone.
As reported by All Things D, the new $149 price tag showed up on Sprint's website over the weekend and represents a $50 savings not including the $36 activation fee waiver.
The new pricing comes ahead of a rumored special event Apple is said to be planning for Sept. 12, where many expect the company to launch the sixth-generation iPhone and possibly a smaller 7-inch iPad.
On Topic: iPhone
- Researchers crack default iPhone Personal Hot passwords in under a minute
- Leaked schematics reveal what case makers expect Apple's low-cost iPhone & 'iPhone 5S' will look like
- High resolution images claim to show 'iPhone 5S' and iPhone 5 display assemblies side-by-side
- Briefly: Sprint LTE service expands to 22 more areas
- Inside iOS 7: Apple's Weather app gets animated