Gmail not working for some iDevice users, Google investigating fixIn response to reports from iDevice owners complaining of problems connecting to Google's Gmail service, the company issued a statement on Friday notifying users the issue is under investigation and a fix is in the works.
According to an email sent to All Things D, Google said it is aware of the Gmail issues and is working on rolling out a fix, noting that affected users can follow a set of workarounds in the meantime.
A number of Apple iOS device users took to Google's product forums after receiving an error message reading mail service imap.gmail.com is not responding." It is not clear what is causing the problem, but some have narrowed it down to an issue with either Google's servers or Apple's Mail iOS app.
Google notes that possible workarounds include installing the standalone Gmail iOS app or visiting the web client through Safari.
On Topic: General
- Samsung profits bounce back after 2-year slide, boosted by chips instead of phones
- Antitrust monitor again bemoans Apple's lack of cooperation in final report
- Microsoft's retail store chain flounders in stark contrast to busy Apple Stores
- Microsoft debuts Lumia 950 & 950XL phones, Display Dock, Band 2 fitness tracker
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen