AT&T gearing up to begin selling Apple's new iPhone in late SeptemberApple, which is expected to formally introduce its latest iPhone to the world on September 12th, could begin shipping the device to customers and selling the handset in retail stores just a week or two later, according to a new report.
Citing a trusted AT&T source, BGR reported Monday that the "carrier is currently planning to launch Apples next-generation iPhone during the third or fourth week of September, with an all-hands-on-deck policy in place for employees that will extend through to the middle of October."
A second source reportedly added that a large training event for regional AT&T employees has therefore been rescheduled from the first week of October due to a conflict with a huge announcement.
A rapid go-to-market strategy that would have customers clutching Apple's latest handset just days after being announced by the company is impressive but not unprecedented.
After repositioning its iPhone introduction from the summer timeframe to the fall, Apple last year introduced the iPhone 4S on October 4th and began shipping the device to customers and retail stores on October 14th — Just 10 days later.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple holds onto second place in slightly increased global smartphone market
- Microsoft Pix promises to improve iPhone photography, independent of the user
- Apple's Cook, Maestri bullish on short- and long-term iPhone SE impact
- Apple supplier LG Display spends another $1.75B on flexible OLED production
- Home button on Apple's waterproof 'iPhone 7' won't click, will use haptic feedback instead - reports