Thursday, August 23, 2012, 07:33 pm
First Look: Facebook integration in OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
The sharing UI is identical to the Twitter card seen in iOS 5 and OS X 10.8, complete with image thumbnail and space for text. Unlike the Twitter version, Facebook sharing allows users to specify who will see the shared post, a feature present in the network's web client and iOS app.
When posting photos, the Share Sheet allows users to place the image on their wall or in any of their photo galleries, including the automatically-generated "OS X Photos."
Facebook sharing also allows users to tag posts with location data, though the system is slightly inaccurate on OS X due to reliance on IP addresses rather than GPS in iOS.
After clicking "post," the resulting acton appeared immediately on Facebook's timeline.
On Topic: General
- Briefly: South Australia's first Apple Store to open Saturday in Adelaide
- Yahoo announces 1TB Flickr accounts, new UI with high-resolution photos
- Apple created offshore subsidiaries to avoid paying billions in US taxes, Senate panel says
- Inside Apple's push for comprehensive corporate tax reform
- Apple details 'extraordinary amount' of taxes it pays in testimony to US Senate