First Look: Facebook integration in OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Configuring Facebook integration
Users are directed to OS X's Mail, Contacts and Calendars setup pane where an informational page describes what programs Facebook can access. Also noted are a number of settings options regarding sharing settings and permissions warnings.
In the beta, OS X did not ask for an administrator password when agreeing to Facebook's access permissions, however this could change when the software sees public release.
Facebook can access contacts stored locally on a Mac, which in turn can access those saved in iCloud depending on a user's sync settings. The option can be unchecked and is not required for operation.
To page 3 of 3: Sharing
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel