Thursday, August 23, 2012, 04:33 pm PT (07:33 pm ET)
First Look: Facebook integration in OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Configuring Facebook integration
Users are directed to OS X's Mail, Contacts and Calendars setup pane where an informational page describes what programs Facebook can access. Also noted are a number of settings options regarding sharing settings and permissions warnings.
In the beta, OS X did not ask for an administrator password when agreeing to Facebook's access permissions, however this could change when the software sees public release.
Facebook can access contacts stored locally on a Mac, which in turn can access those saved in iCloud depending on a user's sync settings. The option can be unchecked and is not required for operation.
To page 3 of 3: Sharing
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Foxconn iPhone factory on China 'road trip'
- Apple to drop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications on Oct. 29 due to POODLE vulnerability
- Rare working Apple I goes for record-smashing $905,000 at auction
- Apple avoids $94M patent infringement suit leveled by patent troll GPNE
- Leak suggests new Fitbit Surge smartwatch will best Apple Watch by integrating GPS