Thursday, August 23, 2012, 04:33 pm PT (07:33 pm ET)
First Look: Facebook integration in OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Configuring Facebook integration
Users are directed to OS X's Mail, Contacts and Calendars setup pane where an informational page describes what programs Facebook can access. Also noted are a number of settings options regarding sharing settings and permissions warnings.
In the beta, OS X did not ask for an administrator password when agreeing to Facebook's access permissions, however this could change when the software sees public release.
Facebook can access contacts stored locally on a Mac, which in turn can access those saved in iCloud depending on a user's sync settings. The option can be unchecked and is not required for operation.
To page 3 of 3: Sharing
On Topic: General
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]
- Apple Store logos and employee uniforms go green for Earth Day