First Look: Facebook integration in OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
The sharing UI is identical to the Twitter card seen in iOS 5 and OS X 10.8, complete with image thumbnail and space for text. Unlike the Twitter version, Facebook sharing allows users to specify who will see the shared post, a feature present in the network's web client and iOS app.
When posting photos, the Share Sheet allows users to place the image on their wall or in any of their photo galleries, including the automatically-generated "OS X Photos."
Facebook sharing also allows users to tag posts with location data, though the system is slightly inaccurate on OS X due to reliance on IP addresses rather than GPS in iOS.
After clicking "post," the resulting acton appeared immediately on Facebook's timeline.
On Topic: General
- Motorola unveils larger Moto X Style and Moto X Play phones, updates Moto G
- Aaron Sorkin's 'Steve Jobs' selected as Centerpiece of New York Film Festival
- Apple joins White House's American Business Act on Climate Pledge
- Apple Maps vans to begin collecting data in France, Sweden in August
- First Look: The ONE Smart Piano