First Look: Facebook integration in OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
The sharing UI is identical to the Twitter card seen in iOS 5 and OS X 10.8, complete with image thumbnail and space for text. Unlike the Twitter version, Facebook sharing allows users to specify who will see the shared post, a feature present in the network's web client and iOS app.
When posting photos, the Share Sheet allows users to place the image on their wall or in any of their photo galleries, including the automatically-generated "OS X Photos."
Facebook sharing also allows users to tag posts with location data, though the system is slightly inaccurate on OS X due to reliance on IP addresses rather than GPS in iOS.
After clicking "post," the resulting acton appeared immediately on Facebook's timeline.
On Topic: General
- BitTorrent app Transmission once again source of macOS malware
- Turkey's deputy PM encourages Apple to move in wake of EU tax ruling
- New Apple patent would allow touch-sensing surfaces made using Liquidmetal tech
- Tim Cook responds to $14.5B EU tax bill with open letter, says decision will be reversed
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board as firms prep driverless cars