Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 04:30 pm PT (07:30 pm ET)
Apple fixes third-party Quicktime bug in iMovie updateApple released an update to its consumer video editing software iMovie on Wednesday, bringing a fix to a bug related to third-party components in Quicktime.
iMovie version 9.0.8 fixes a minor issue regarding third-party software components that could cause Quicktime to stall on launch.
From the release notes:
About iMovie 9.0.8
What's New in Version 9.0.8
Addresses an issue related to third-party QuickTime components that could prevent iMovie from opening.
The update weighs in at 1.08GB and can be downloaded through the Mac App Store or directly from Apple's support page.
On Topic: Software
- New Adobe Lightroom and Camera Raw release candidates fix bugs, add camera support
- Review: 1Password 4 for Mac makes managing all your passwords easy and secure
- Adobe refreshes Photoshop, Premiere Elements with two new versions
- Apple Configurator updated for iOS 7 with new features
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac launches with cloud storage support, Windows 8 Start button, 40% faster read times