Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 07:30 pm
Apple fixes third-party Quicktime bug in iMovie updateApple released an update to its consumer video editing software iMovie on Wednesday, bringing a fix to a bug related to third-party components in Quicktime.
iMovie version 9.0.8 fixes a minor issue regarding third-party software components that could cause Quicktime to stall on launch.
From the release notes:
About iMovie 9.0.8
What's New in Version 9.0.8
Addresses an issue related to third-party QuickTime components that could prevent iMovie from opening.
The update weighs in at 1.08GB and can be downloaded through the Mac App Store or directly from Apple's support page.
On Topic: Software
- Avid announces Pro Tools 11 and Media Composer 7 for Mac & PC
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 after month of testing
- New release candidates for Adobe's Lightroom and Camera Raw bring bug fixes, added camera support
- Apple to lock iOS app screenshots upon submission to halt scammers
- Firefox 18 launches with support for Retina display Macs