Apple fixes third-party Quicktime bug in iMovie updateApple released an update to its consumer video editing software iMovie on Wednesday, bringing a fix to a bug related to third-party components in Quicktime.
iMovie version 9.0.8 fixes a minor issue regarding third-party software components that could cause Quicktime to stall on launch.
From the release notes:
About iMovie 9.0.8
What's New in Version 9.0.8
Addresses an issue related to third-party QuickTime components that could prevent iMovie from opening.
The update weighs in at 1.08GB and can be downloaded through the Mac App Store or directly from Apple's support page.
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more