Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 09:08 pm
Apple working to improve Power Nap feature in latest 10.8.2 betaApple seeded a new OS X 10.8.2 beta on Wednesday, asking developers to focus on a number of areas including the Power Nap feature introduced with Mountain Lion.
Build 12C43 of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 beta was seeded with no known issues, however it appears Apple is looking to improve operability of the Power Nap feature introduced with the operating system in July.
Power Nap enables Macs to stay up to date and allows for the automatic backup of data while the computer is in sleep mode. Time Machine and iCloud syncing are supported, though compatibility is limited to mid-2011 or later MacBook Airs and the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
The newest 12C43 build comes one week after Apple seeded the second 10.8.2 beta, asking developers to focus on system-wide Facebook sharing integration.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases first OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion beta to developers
- Parallels Desktop 8 updated to support Apple's OS X Mavericks
- Apple adds security enhancements to Java 6 in latest update
- OS X Mavericks' new App Nap, Timer Coalescing features target battery efficiency
- Adobe releases major update to Creative Cloud desktop apps