Apple confirms 1.1% of iCloud users affected by mail outageApple on Tuesday announced through its iCloud System Status Page that a small portion of users may be unable to access mail through the service.
The company confirmed through continually updated reports that as of 3:03 p.m. PDT, iCloud's mail service was experiencing issues, saying that "users may be unable to access iCloud mail" and that "normal service will be restored ASAP." All other services are said to be online.
The report comes after readers alerted AppleInsider of problems occurring in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, though at the time Apple claimed the issues were affecting less than 1 percent of iCloud's installed user base.
On Topic: General
- Antitrust monitor again bemoans Apple's lack of cooperation in final report
- Microsoft's retail store chain flounders in stark contrast to busy Apple Stores
- Microsoft debuts Lumia 950 & 950XL phones, Display Dock, Band 2 fitness tracker
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen
- From analog to digital: How Danny Boyle's 'Steve Jobs' captures the rapid advancement of technology