Twitter 5.0 for iOS adds new iPad landscape modeTwitter on Tuesday updated its iOS application, adding a new landscape mode for iPad users, and new profiles with header photos.
The free updated software is now available from the App Store. Version 5.0 of the official Twitter client is a 9.4-megabyte download that requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Twitter's updated iOS application also adds photo streams on profiles and events. The social networking site said the application also has "other improvements, polish, and fixes."
Built-in Twitter integration was one of the hallmark features of iOS 5, which was released last year. The site saw signups from iOS users triple after the launch of iOS 5.
On Topic: App Store
- Lyft, Seamless & Amazon Instant Video add iPhone 6 & 6 Plus screen support; JetBlue gains Touch ID
- Algoriddim djay Pro comes to Mac, TurboTax debuts new iOS app for tax season
- Apple to instate country-specific app taxes in EU starting Jan. 1
- Pixelmator unveils major updates for iPad and Mac, Fleksy adds extensions and GIFs
- Updated Google Drive gets iOS 8 extensibility support, Instagram adds filter management and new filters