First look: iPhone 5 unboxing and comparison picturesWith the iPhone 5 unleashed on Friday, AppleInsider offers a closer look at both the black and white models now available.
The compact packaging is in line with previous iPhone models, with a top cover that slips off to reveal the iPhone 5 resting atop. Underneath are a manual, USB wall adapter, Lightning cable, and Apple's new EarPods headphones.
The most noticeable change to the iPhone 5 is the device's weight. Once it's picked up, the iPhone 5 is considerably lighter than the design of its predecessors, the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 4.
The larger screen is also noticeable once the device is picked up and powered on, as if you're used to using your iPhone with one hand, your finger will have to stretch a little farther to reach the lock screen on the iPhone 5.
For a closer look at both the black and white iPhone 5 models, and a comparison to the iPhone 4, see the pictures included below.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple turns on Apple Pay in Japan with debut of iOS 10.1 & watchOS 3.1
- T-Mobile quarterly earnings increase attributed to iPhone 7, promotions
- China beats iOS App Store records in Sept. quarter with $1.7B in revenue
- Apple's website leaks hints of impending Apple Pay support in Germany
- iPhone 7 made up 43% of Apple's US iPhone sales in Q3, data says