Friday, September 21, 2012, 05:42 am PT (08:42 am ET)
Video, pictures from iPhone 5 launch at Apple's Fifth Ave storeA throng of people gathered outside Apple's iconic glass cube storefront on Fifth Avenue on Friday for the launch of the iPhone 5 in New York City.
AppleInsider reader Ryan was on-hand for Friday's festivities and excitement for the iPhone 5 launch, and provided the videos and pictures included below. The iPhone 5 is already off to a record breaking start with more than 2 million preorders sold in the first 24 hours of availability.
Friday's crowd gathered at Apple's flagship store on Fifth Avenue was said to be the largest yet for an iPhone launch. Hundreds of people stayed overnight in front of the store to be among the first to get their hands on Apple's next-generation handset.
The customer in the green shirt was the first to come out of the Fifth Avenue store with his new iPhone 5.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube
- Apple's largest store yet will be its first in the Middle East - report
- As overall retail revenue declines, Apple Stores carry on original goal of growing Mac hardware sales
- Apple continues European retail expansion with new Istanbul, Den Haag outlets
- Apple promoting savings with back-to-school sales tax holidays in US