Video, pictures from iPhone 5 launch at Apple's Fifth Ave storeA throng of people gathered outside Apple's iconic glass cube storefront on Fifth Avenue on Friday for the launch of the iPhone 5 in New York City.
AppleInsider reader Ryan was on-hand for Friday's festivities and excitement for the iPhone 5 launch, and provided the videos and pictures included below. The iPhone 5 is already off to a record breaking start with more than 2 million preorders sold in the first 24 hours of availability.
Friday's crowd gathered at Apple's flagship store on Fifth Avenue was said to be the largest yet for an iPhone launch. Hundreds of people stayed overnight in front of the store to be among the first to get their hands on Apple's next-generation handset.
The customer in the green shirt was the first to come out of the Fifth Avenue store with his new iPhone 5.
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Apple to open fifth Hong Kong store on June 30 as Chinese expansion continues
- Apple opens registrations for children's Apple Camps at US retail stores
- Apple pulls legacy non-Retina MacBook Pro from retail store displays
- India eases rules on local sourcing, paves way for country's first Apple Stores
- Shipping delays continue to dog Apple's 4" iPhone SE