Apple rolls out Canon, Epson, Lexmark printer driversFollowing the release of incremental updates to OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and OS X 10.7.5 Lion, Apple quietly rolled out new printer drivers for certain Canon, Epson and Lexmark printers.
- Canon's driver version 2.9 requires OS X Lion or later, or Mac OS X 10.6.1 or later or and weighs in at 317.12MB and can be downloaded via Software Update or directly from Apple's Support Downloads website.
- Epson Printer Drivers version 2.11 is meant for OS X 10.7.5 Lion or Mac OS X 10.6 or later and comes in at 991.83MB. The updated driver can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's Support Download webpage.
- Lexmark's printer driver takes the least amount of space at 171.68MB, and is compatible with OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, OS X Lion 10.7 or later and Mac OS X 10.6 or later. The update can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's website.
Additional information regarding operating system compatibility and available printer software downloads can be found at Apple's dedicated printer and scanner software page here.
On Topic: General
- Apple buys machine learning firm Perceptio, suggests development of imaging AI
- Week in review video: Remembering Steve Jobs, build cost of iPhone 6s, 'iRing' & more
- Four years after the death of Steve Jobs, Michael Fassbender talks about portraying an icon
- Irish minister says EU probe into Apple tax dodges should reach finding by end of 2015
- Laurene Powell Jobs 'repeatedly' tried to halt Universal's Steve Jobs film, report says