Thursday, October 04, 2012, 02:25 pm PT (05:25 pm ET)
Apple rolls out Canon, Epson, Lexmark printer driversFollowing the release of incremental updates to OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and OS X 10.7.5 Lion, Apple quietly rolled out new printer drivers for certain Canon, Epson and Lexmark printers.
- Canon's driver version 2.9 requires OS X Lion or later, or Mac OS X 10.6.1 or later or and weighs in at 317.12MB and can be downloaded via Software Update or directly from Apple's Support Downloads website.
- Epson Printer Drivers version 2.11 is meant for OS X 10.7.5 Lion or Mac OS X 10.6 or later and comes in at 991.83MB. The updated driver can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's Support Download webpage.
- Lexmark's printer driver takes the least amount of space at 171.68MB, and is compatible with OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, OS X Lion 10.7 or later and Mac OS X 10.6 or later. The update can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's website.
Additional information regarding operating system compatibility and available printer software downloads can be found at Apple's dedicated printer and scanner software page here.
On Topic: General
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple invention helps iPhone users find their parked car despite poor cell, GPS reception
- Judge denies Apple bid to recover attorneys' fees from Samsung, releases $2.6M bond related to Galaxy Tab 10.1 ban
- Apple's largest store yet will be its first in the Middle East - report
- Steve Ballmer leaves Microsoft board to concentrate on other responsibilities