Apple rolls out Canon, Epson, Lexmark printer driversFollowing the release of incremental updates to OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion and OS X 10.7.5 Lion, Apple quietly rolled out new printer drivers for certain Canon, Epson and Lexmark printers.
- Canon's driver version 2.9 requires OS X Lion or later, or Mac OS X 10.6.1 or later or and weighs in at 317.12MB and can be downloaded via Software Update or directly from Apple's Support Downloads website.
- Epson Printer Drivers version 2.11 is meant for OS X 10.7.5 Lion or Mac OS X 10.6 or later and comes in at 991.83MB. The updated driver can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's Support Download webpage.
- Lexmark's printer driver takes the least amount of space at 171.68MB, and is compatible with OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, OS X Lion 10.7 or later and Mac OS X 10.6 or later. The update can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's website.
Additional information regarding operating system compatibility and available printer software downloads can be found at Apple's dedicated printer and scanner software page here.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Apple Car secrets, iPhone & iPad launch dates, a Dr. Dre TV show & more
- Bug in Adobe Creative Cloud updater erases root level Mac data
- Apple, Inc set to open new $25 million tech center in Hyderabad, India by June
- Apple Music passes 11M subscribers as iCloud hits 782M users
- AppleInsider podcast talks 'Apple Car,' iPhone's future, software betas, iPad Pro keyboards, more