Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:12 am PT (01:12 pm ET)
Apple says customers have now downloaded over 35 billion AppsThe popularity of Apple's iOS App Store continues to grow, as the company announced on Tuesday that customers have downloaded more than 35 billion applications to date
275,000 of the applications are built specifically for iPad, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said, noting that they are not stretched out smartphone applications.
He also revealed that the iBookstore has more than 1.5 million books available, and customers have downloaded 400 million books since the store's inception.
On Topic: iPhone
- Marissa Mayer wants Apple to ditch Google for Yahoo! as default iOS search engine
- Apple launches smaller-capacity 8GB iPhone 5c in Italy, Sweden, Netherlands, Czech Republic, more
- Case purportedly for Apple's 'iPhone 6' supports claims of power button on upper right side
- Samsung email targeted Steve Jobs' death as "our best opportunity to attack iPhone"
- Apple joins tech heavyweights, wireless carriers in smartphone anti-theft initiative