Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:12 am PT (01:12 pm ET)
Apple says customers have now downloaded over 35 billion AppsThe popularity of Apple's iOS App Store continues to grow, as the company announced on Tuesday that customers have downloaded more than 35 billion applications to date
275,000 of the applications are built specifically for iPad, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said, noting that they are not stretched out smartphone applications.
He also revealed that the iBookstore has more than 1.5 million books available, and customers have downloaded 400 million books since the store's inception.
On Topic: iPhone
- Rumor: Production for new iPad mini, iPad Air, & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' pushed to Sept.
- Photos purportedly show 5.5-inch 'iPhone 6' flex cables for volume & wake/sleep control
- IBM began mass adoption of iOS prior to its exclusive partnership with Apple, Inc.
- iOS apps Square & IFTTT launch automation tie-up for merchants
- Review roundup: Fire Phone is good for Amazon, but doesn't stack up to competitors