Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:12 am PT (01:12 pm ET)
Apple says customers have now downloaded over 35 billion AppsThe popularity of Apple's iOS App Store continues to grow, as the company announced on Tuesday that customers have downloaded more than 35 billion applications to date
275,000 of the applications are built specifically for iPad, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said, noting that they are not stretched out smartphone applications.
He also revealed that the iBookstore has more than 1.5 million books available, and customers have downloaded 400 million books since the store's inception.
On Topic: iPhone
- Nearly half of Gazelle's early iPhone upgrades ordered Apple's larger, more expensive iPhone 6 Plus
- Amazon Rewards Visa Card adds support for Apple Pay
- iPhone 6 Plus users report persistent unexplained crashing issues, possibly tied to large app libraries
- How to change your default Apple Pay credit card, or remove cards remotely via iCloud
- Bank of America glitch charges some Apple Pay customers twice, error will be fixed & users reimbursed