Apple says customers have now downloaded over 35 billion AppsThe popularity of Apple's iOS App Store continues to grow, as the company announced on Tuesday that customers have downloaded more than 35 billion applications to date
275,000 of the applications are built specifically for iPad, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said, noting that they are not stretched out smartphone applications.
He also revealed that the iBookstore has more than 1.5 million books available, and customers have downloaded 400 million books since the store's inception.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple shipped one billionth iOS device in Q1, expects continued iPhone momentum
- Apple Pay launches at 200K self-service stations, including parking, laundry & vending machines
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Apple Inc's once slower Q2 now getting a boost from China's Lunar New Year holiday
- Canalys says Apple sold more smartphones in China than any other brand over the holidays