Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:12 am PT (01:12 pm ET)
Apple says customers have now downloaded over 35 billion AppsThe popularity of Apple's iOS App Store continues to grow, as the company announced on Tuesday that customers have downloaded more than 35 billion applications to date
275,000 of the applications are built specifically for iPad, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said, noting that they are not stretched out smartphone applications.
He also revealed that the iBookstore has more than 1.5 million books available, and customers have downloaded 400 million books since the store's inception.
On Topic: iPhone
- NXP hopes Apple's adoption of NFC will encourage automakers to use its chips to replace car keys
- Samsung, Apple retain global smartphone lead in Q3 as Xiaomi rockets into third
- Developers of PCalc, Nomi run afoul of Apple's evolving iOS 8 App Store policies
- Constrained supply keeps iPhone 6 Plus resale prices at 124% of retail price
- FTC files suit against AT&T for 'deceptive & unfair data throttling'