Sales of Apple's latest iPods top 3 million in first monthApple announced on Tuesday that sales of its new iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle have exceeded 3 million since launch.
"These are off to a fantastic start," Apple chief executive Tim Cook said.
The new iPod nano features a 2.5-inch multitouch screen and built-in Bluetooth. The thinner iPod touch has a 4-inch Retina display like is found on the iPhone 5.
On Topic: iPod
- iPod shuffle shortages caused by supplier changes, Apple has no plans to ax its cheapest media player
- Apple's discontinued iPod classic commands hefty premium on the secondary market
- Plaintiff withdrawn in iPod antitrust lawsuit
- Cook blames death of iPod classic on parts availability, no replacement planned
- Apple finally kills off iPod classic after 13 years of service