Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:06 am PT (01:06 pm ET)
Sales of Apple's latest iPods top 3 million in first monthApple announced on Tuesday that sales of its new iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle have exceeded 3 million since launch.
"These are off to a fantastic start," Apple chief executive Tim Cook said.
The new iPod nano features a 2.5-inch multitouch screen and built-in Bluetooth. The thinner iPod touch has a 4-inch Retina display like is found on the iPhone 5.
On Topic: iPod
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod
- Apple's new 'space gray' color option shown off in iPod nano video
- The iPhone Patent Wars: Early patent skirmishes of Apple, Inc., in pictures
- Flex cable claimed to be from Apple's 6th-gen iPod touch hints at 2013 update
- Teardown of Apple's new 16GB iPod touch finds few changes from other 5th-gen models