Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:06 am PT (01:06 pm ET)
Sales of Apple's latest iPods top 3 million in first monthApple announced on Tuesday that sales of its new iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle have exceeded 3 million since launch.
"These are off to a fantastic start," Apple chief executive Tim Cook said.
The new iPod nano features a 2.5-inch multitouch screen and built-in Bluetooth. The thinner iPod touch has a 4-inch Retina display like is found on the iPhone 5.
On Topic: iPod
- Apple finally kills off iPod classic after 13 years of service
- Review: Parrot Asteroid Smart in-dash head unit with navigation and app support
- Apple's new $199 iPod touch now available in the UK, other countries as global rollout continues
- Teardown of new $199 16GB iPod touch finds same design & parts as 32GB & 64GB models
- Apple launches $199 16GB iPod touch with rear camera in 6 colors, slashes prices on 32GB & 64GB models