Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 10:06 am PT (01:06 pm ET)
Sales of Apple's latest iPods top 3 million in first monthApple announced on Tuesday that sales of its new iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle have exceeded 3 million since launch.
"These are off to a fantastic start," Apple chief executive Tim Cook said.
The new iPod nano features a 2.5-inch multitouch screen and built-in Bluetooth. The thinner iPod touch has a 4-inch Retina display like is found on the iPhone 5.
On Topic: iPod
- Apple, Inc. and the pursuit of affordable luxury electronics
- Apple lowers MFi & Lightning licensing fees, paving way for more affordable iOS accessories
- Review: Underwater Audio's waterproof iPod shuffle
- Apple's iPod continues to lead an ever-shrinking market of portable media players
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod