We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple's iMessage down for many iOS and OS X users [u]Apple's iMessage appears to be non-functional for many users across the U.S. and beyond, with both users iOS and OS X affected by the outage.
Update: Continuing independent testing shows that iMessages are now being automatically switched to SMS texts.
Update 2: Users are reporting that iMessage services have been restored some three hours after the outage was first noticed.
AppleInsider has received a number of reports noting that Apple's iMessage is not functioning, and has independently confirmed that the messaging service is down.
Both iOS and OS X clients are unable to send or receive messages sent through Apple's service, with users seeing a perpetual "Sending" prompt. Some members of the Apple Support Communities forum system status webpage, all services are online.
On Topic: General
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts