Apple's iMessage down for many iOS and OS X users [u]Apple's iMessage appears to be non-functional for many users across the U.S. and beyond, with both users iOS and OS X affected by the outage.
Update: Continuing independent testing shows that iMessages are now being automatically switched to SMS texts.
Update 2: Users are reporting that iMessage services have been restored some three hours after the outage was first noticed.
AppleInsider has received a number of reports noting that Apple's iMessage is not functioning, and has independently confirmed that the messaging service is down.
Both iOS and OS X clients are unable to send or receive messages sent through Apple's service, with users seeing a perpetual "Sending" prompt. Some members of the Apple Support Communities forum system status webpage, all services are online.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Tim Cook pans supply chain cost 'guesstimators'
- iPhone and Mac to shine in Apple's Q2 2015 earnings, analyst says
- Google Maps Easter egg shows Android mascot urinating on Apple logo [updated]
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Watch shipments, 12" MacBook review, more
- Final Cut creator Randy Ubillos leaves Apple after 20 years