Apple alerting users of reserved @icloud.com e-mail addressesApple has begun sending out e-mails to existing @mac.com and @me.com e-mail users to notify them that an @icloud.com account has been reserved with their established username.
"All new iCloud Mail accounts now come with an @icloud.com email address," Apple's note reads. "As an existing user, we'd like to offer you this new address as well."
Users are free to continue using their current e-mail address as well, if they do not wish to switch to iCloud.com. No matter which address users use, they will continue to receive all their e-mail at me.com, mac.com and icloud.com.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- US internet users suffering under DDoS attacks on key DNS provider