Wednesday, November 07, 2012, 09:49 am PT (12:49 pm ET)
Apple alerting users of reserved @icloud.com e-mail addressesApple has begun sending out e-mails to existing @mac.com and @me.com e-mail users to notify them that an @icloud.com account has been reserved with their established username.
"All new iCloud Mail accounts now come with an @icloud.com email address," Apple's note reads. "As an existing user, we'd like to offer you this new address as well."
Users are free to continue using their current e-mail address as well, if they do not wish to switch to iCloud.com. No matter which address users use, they will continue to receive all their e-mail at me.com, mac.com and icloud.com.
On Topic: General
- G-Technology to ship Thunderbolt 2 'Studio Series' RAID arrays in mid-May, up to 24TB
- LaCie reveals year-long security breach at online store
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014