Online Apple Store, iOS Apple Store app get decorated for the holidaysApple on Tuesday updated its online storefront and iOS Apple Store app with festive colors, special holiday-themed product descriptions and the company's yearly gift guide to help customers find that perfect gift.
The Online Apple Store has seen changes during the holidays in previous years, and 2012 is no exception as elements on the store's landing page have been switched from their usual blue tones to a bright, festive red. "Buy" buttons and fonts stand out as the most prominent color changes, while small flourishes of red products add to the overall holiday aesthetic.
Apple's Holiday Gift Guide includes a number of popular iDevices and computers, and as usual everything in the special section qualifies for free shipping, including small items like accessories.
As for the Apple Store app, the company has basically turned it into a mobile version of the gift guide, leaving only dedicated product placeholders for the fourth-generation iPad and iPhone 5 on the featured page. All other categories direct users to "gift" sections, like iPad gifts or iPhone gifts, which contain accessories and other products. Purchases made through the app need to be valued at $50 or higher for free shipping.
Also new to both versions of the store are two special holiday editions of Apple's Passbook-supported Apple Store gift cards, one featuring red striping and another that is solid red.
On Topic: General
- US Congress, corporations get behind Email Privacy Act to shield online communications from searches
- Apple approved Microsoft filming new holiday-themed ad outside iconic NYC Fifth Ave cube
- Apple Store logos turn red to mark World AIDS Day, (Product)Red donations top $100M
- Apple expands Personal Pickup option to 6 more EU countries
- Adobe debuts 2015 Creative Cloud updates with new 3D modeling app Fuse CC