Thunderbolt Firmware Update fixes MacBook Pro, cable issuesApple on Tuesday released Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1, which patches a problem that caused some MacBook Pros and Thunderbolt cables to experience malfunctions when connecting to a bus-powered peripheral.
The update applies to MacBook Pros built in mid-2012 and "some" Thunderbolt cables, however it is not clear if all cables are affected, or just those made by Apple.
From the release notes:
About Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1
This update addresses an issue with MacBook Pro (mid 2012) and some Thunderbolt cables that may prevent bus-powered Thunderbolt devices from functioning properly.
Thunderbolt Firmware Update v.1.1 comes in at 442KB and requires OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later. It can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's dedicated support downloads webpage.
On Topic: General
- Apple Stores suffering from 'cult' atmosphere, advancement barriers, says UK staffer
- This week on AI: New MacBook Pro rumors, Apple's answer to Echo, Apple Car charging & more
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores