Thunderbolt Firmware Update fixes MacBook Pro, cable issuesApple on Tuesday released Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1, which patches a problem that caused some MacBook Pros and Thunderbolt cables to experience malfunctions when connecting to a bus-powered peripheral.
The update applies to MacBook Pros built in mid-2012 and "some" Thunderbolt cables, however it is not clear if all cables are affected, or just those made by Apple.
From the release notes:
About Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1
This update addresses an issue with MacBook Pro (mid 2012) and some Thunderbolt cables that may prevent bus-powered Thunderbolt devices from functioning properly.
Thunderbolt Firmware Update v.1.1 comes in at 442KB and requires OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later. It can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's dedicated support downloads webpage.
On Topic: General
- Cook says discriminatory 'religious freedom' laws are dangerous, calls for action
- Review: 'Becoming Steve Jobs' looks to dispel accepted Jobs myth
- Google, Johnson & Johnson to partner on surgical robot technology
- Apple's Tim Cook plans to give away all of his money
- Tim Cook 'deeply disappointed' by new Indiana anti-gay law