Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 01:35 pm PT (04:35 pm ET)
Thunderbolt Firmware Update fixes MacBook Pro, cable issuesApple on Tuesday released Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1, which patches a problem that caused some MacBook Pros and Thunderbolt cables to experience malfunctions when connecting to a bus-powered peripheral.
The update applies to MacBook Pros built in mid-2012 and "some" Thunderbolt cables, however it is not clear if all cables are affected, or just those made by Apple.
From the release notes:
About Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1
This update addresses an issue with MacBook Pro (mid 2012) and some Thunderbolt cables that may prevent bus-powered Thunderbolt devices from functioning properly.
Thunderbolt Firmware Update v.1.1 comes in at 442KB and requires OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later. It can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's dedicated support downloads webpage.
On Topic: General
- Google CEO Larry Page invokes Steve Jobs in interview, defends ambitious Google X projects
- 'Historical implications' made Apple Watch more difficult to design than original iPhone, Jony Ive says
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay