Thunderbolt Firmware Update fixes MacBook Pro, cable issuesApple on Tuesday released Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1, which patches a problem that caused some MacBook Pros and Thunderbolt cables to experience malfunctions when connecting to a bus-powered peripheral.
The update applies to MacBook Pros built in mid-2012 and "some" Thunderbolt cables, however it is not clear if all cables are affected, or just those made by Apple.
From the release notes:
About Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1
This update addresses an issue with MacBook Pro (mid 2012) and some Thunderbolt cables that may prevent bus-powered Thunderbolt devices from functioning properly.
Thunderbolt Firmware Update v.1.1 comes in at 442KB and requires OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later. It can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's dedicated support downloads webpage.
On Topic: General
- Review: Bose's SoundLink Mini is an exceptional Bluetooth speaker
- First look: Fitbit Charge HR fitness band with real-time heart rate sensor
- Google announces 40 new third-party integrations for Siri competitor Google Now
- Apple's new Chongqing store shown off in photos ahead of Saturday opening
- AppleInsider's official podcast kicks off with analysis of the week's top Apple stories