Apple updates Remote Desktop Client and Admin with stability improvementsApple on Tuesday issued an incremental update for the Admin and Client versions of Apple Remote Desktop, each of which brings the usual stability and performance improvements to the remote computer management software.
Apple Remote Desktop
On Monday, Apple issued a minor update to Apple Remote Desktop Client. The main purpose of version 3.6.2 is to improve the reliability of screen sharing after some users reported encountering an issue where white video was appearing during screen-sharing sessions.
From the release notes:
About Apple Remote Desktop 3.6.2 Client
The 3.6.2 update is recommended for all Apple Remote Desktop clients and improves the reliability of screen sharing by addressing an issue where users only see white video when screen sharing from Messages to a system running OS X Lion.
Alongside the client version, an update to the Apple Remote Desktop Admin product was released, bringing the same stability and performance enhancements described above.
Apple Remote Desktop Client is a 3.69 MB download and can be found on Apples Support page or through Software Update. Likewise, the admin iteration of the software comes in at 14.75 MB and is available for download via the support pages or Software Update.
On Topic: General
- First look: Fitbit Charge HR fitness band with real-time heart rate sensor
- Google announces 40 new third-party integrations for Siri competitor Google Now
- Apple's new Chongqing store shown off in photos ahead of Saturday opening
- AppleInsider's official podcast kicks off with analysis of the week's top Apple stories
- Apple, Google & Amazon settle with Italian government over 'misleading' free apps with in-app purchases