iTunes updated with duplicate song display tool and bug fixesLess than two weeks after launch, iTunes 11 has been updated to version 11.0.1 which brings back the duplicate song display tool as well as fixes for a few minor issues regarding iCloud and AirPlay.
Available now as an update, iTunes 11.0.1 marks the return of a tool that displays duplicate tracks within a user's library, and patches a bug that prevented new purchases from appearing in the library if iTunes Match was active. The overhauled iTunes 11 was first released on Nov. 29 with a fresh look, revamped user interface and tighter iCloud integration.
From the release notes:
- Addresses an issue where new purchases in iCloud may not appear in your library if iTunes Match is turned on.
- Makes iTunes more responsive when searching a large library.
- Fixes a problem where the AirPlay button may not appear as expected.
- Adds the ability to display duplicate items within your library.
- Important stability and performance improvements.
The update comes in at 84.72 MB for the OS X version and 84.83 MB for Windows 64, both of which can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's Support Downloads webpage.
On Topic: iTunes
- Tidal music service expected to relaunch with exclusives that could hurt Apple's Beats Music
- Apple reportedly puts Trent Reznor in charge of redesigned Beats Music app, presses forward with iTunes Radio revamp
- Yet another outage hits Apple's App Store & iTunes, preventing searches, discovery & downloads
- Apple debuts programatic iAd buys on iTunes Radio, 'Customer Match' demographic targeting
- US streaming music revenues eclipse CD sales for first time, as rebrand of Apple's Beats looms