Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 10:26 am PT (01:26 pm ET)
Apple releases iOS 6.0.2 for iPhone 5, iPad mini with Wi-Fi bug fixApple on Tuesday released iOS 6.0.2, a minor update specifically tailored for the new iPhone 5 and iPad mini that addresses a bug related to Wi-Fi.
Users can download the update through the iOS Settings application by selecting "General," and then "Software Update." It can also be installed through iTunes on a Mac or PC.
According to Apple, the update "fixes a bug that could impact Wi-Fi." No other details were given on the update.
The last iOS update, version 6.0.1, was released on Nov. 1. It addressed a screen glitch that would appear with the onscreen keyboard, as well as an issue that would cause the camera flash to not go off.
Apple is also testing the next major update to its iOS platform in the form of iOS 6.1 The fourth pre-release beta of iOS 6.1 was supplied to Apple's developer community on Monday.
On Topic: iPhone
- Alleged 'iPhone 6' NFC chip and working hardware shown in latest leaks
- New photos purport to show near-final 'iPhone 6' rear shell, cover glass
- Apple reportedly taps chipmaker NXP for 'iPhone 6' NFC solution
- Apple's 'iPhone 6' to supposedly incorporate NFC, new secure enclave for mobile payments
- iPhone 5 & 5S trade-ins surge 2800% at Gazelle; AI readers get exclusive $10 bonus ahead of 'iPhone 6'