Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 10:26 am PT (01:26 pm ET)
Apple releases iOS 6.0.2 for iPhone 5, iPad mini with Wi-Fi bug fixApple on Tuesday released iOS 6.0.2, a minor update specifically tailored for the new iPhone 5 and iPad mini that addresses a bug related to Wi-Fi.
Users can download the update through the iOS Settings application by selecting "General," and then "Software Update." It can also be installed through iTunes on a Mac or PC.
According to Apple, the update "fixes a bug that could impact Wi-Fi." No other details were given on the update.
The last iOS update, version 6.0.1, was released on Nov. 1. It addressed a screen glitch that would appear with the onscreen keyboard, as well as an issue that would cause the camera flash to not go off.
Apple is also testing the next major update to its iOS platform in the form of iOS 6.1 The fourth pre-release beta of iOS 6.1 was supplied to Apple's developer community on Monday.
On Topic: iPhone
- Bank of America glitch charges some Apple Pay customers twice, error will be fixed & users reimbursed
- AppleInsider 2.0 for iPhone and iPad now available as free downloads from Apple's App Store
- MasterCard pushes Apple Pay with new 'Priceless Surprises' TV ads
- Rumor: Apple Pay loyalty program could launch in time for Christmas
- Apple Pay already works internationally, but only with US credit cards