Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 10:26 am PT (01:26 pm ET)
Apple releases iOS 6.0.2 for iPhone 5, iPad mini with Wi-Fi bug fixApple on Tuesday released iOS 6.0.2, a minor update specifically tailored for the new iPhone 5 and iPad mini that addresses a bug related to Wi-Fi.
Users can download the update through the iOS Settings application by selecting "General," and then "Software Update." It can also be installed through iTunes on a Mac or PC.
According to Apple, the update "fixes a bug that could impact Wi-Fi." No other details were given on the update.
The last iOS update, version 6.0.1, was released on Nov. 1. It addressed a screen glitch that would appear with the onscreen keyboard, as well as an issue that would cause the camera flash to not go off.
Apple is also testing the next major update to its iOS platform in the form of iOS 6.1 The fourth pre-release beta of iOS 6.1 was supplied to Apple's developer community on Monday.
On Topic: iPhone
- AT&T drops price of 2GB no-contract plan by $15, T-Mobile doubles down on 'Simple Choice'
- Report: iPhone 5s to soon account for 1 in 5 iPhones, 5c growth stagnant
- Russia's Megafon deal with Apple, Inc. guarantees sales of 750k iPhones over 3 years
- Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partners
- Apple continues to add share in U.S. smartphone market, now holds 42%