Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 10:26 am PT (01:26 pm ET)
Apple releases iOS 6.0.2 for iPhone 5, iPad mini with Wi-Fi bug fixApple on Tuesday released iOS 6.0.2, a minor update specifically tailored for the new iPhone 5 and iPad mini that addresses a bug related to Wi-Fi.
Users can download the update through the iOS Settings application by selecting "General," and then "Software Update." It can also be installed through iTunes on a Mac or PC.
According to Apple, the update "fixes a bug that could impact Wi-Fi." No other details were given on the update.
The last iOS update, version 6.0.1, was released on Nov. 1. It addressed a screen glitch that would appear with the onscreen keyboard, as well as an issue that would cause the camera flash to not go off.
Apple is also testing the next major update to its iOS platform in the form of iOS 6.1 The fourth pre-release beta of iOS 6.1 was supplied to Apple's developer community on Monday.
On Topic: iPhone
- Review roundup: Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8
- Apple's new Watch, Apple Pay and iPhone 6 met with nervous mocking by competitors
- Apple details content migration from Android to iOS in new support document
- Apple's A8 SoC likely carrying new 6-core PowerVR GPU, clocked at 1.4GHz with 1GB RAM
- Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus reach record 4 million preorders in first day