eBay updates iPhone and iPad apps with improvements to selling and searchOnline auction monolith eBay on Monday released new versions of its iPhone and iPad apps with major enhancements to listing items for sale, as well as tweaks to searching and checkout.
eBay for iOS
As noted by The Verge, the updated eBay for iOS apps streamlines the process of selling items directly from an iPhone or iPad, adding a number of new enhancements including an updated listing flow and new guidance tips.
eBay for iOS as seen on an iPhone 5.
The latest release brings the iOS app for iPhone and iPod touch up to version 2.7. Perhaps most notable for power sellers is the function to create and save multiple listings in-app, with the changes pushed to eBay's website and other devices. For example, a user can start the process of creating a listing for an iPad, save the changes and pick up where they left off on their iPad.
Other new selling features include an updated photo picker and sales guidance that takes the form of tips in bright orange "speech bubbles." Examples include help with selecting the correct category, historical pricing and suggested shipment methods.
From the iPhone app release notes:
- New listing flow makes it faster and easier to sell
- Category, pricing and shipping guidance
- Improved photo flow with more editing tools
- Save multiple listing drafts
- Finish and start your listings on the phone or the web
- Speedier checkout
- Search enhancements
- Bug fixes and improvements
eBay for iOS version 2.7 weighs in at 12.5MB and can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
eBay for iPad
The iPad version brings many of the same enhancements as the iPhone update, including upgraded selling and checkout features.
eBay for iPad selling features.
With eBay for iPad version 2.2, sellers have a larger area to work with compared to the iPhone-centric app. The same platform enhancements like saving multiple listings are included.
The iPad update offers more graphical enhancements like orange stars on the start page for saved search results, along with the usual icon-based user interface.
From the iPad release notes:
- Calculated shipping in selling flow
- Start listing on the web, finish on your iPad!
- Saved searches with new results highlighted
- Fixes for crashes and bugs
eBay for iPad version 2.2 is a free 17.3MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: General
- Apple to co-sponsor 2017 Met Gala without co-chair position
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $80B, deal announcement imminent - report [u: confirmed]
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says