Sunday, January 13, 2013, 05:21 pm PT (08:21 pm ET)
Car slams into Chicago Apple Store during business hours [u]The Lincoln Park Apple Store was the site of an apparent automobile accident on Sunday night when a car smashed through the outlet's all-glass facade and into a wall of accessories, leaving one person with minor injuries.
Aftermath of Lincoln Park Apple Store accident. | Source: The Verge
Update: A report from the Chicago Tribune notes paramedics were called back to the scene to take one injured person to a nearby hospital in "good condition."
There were no injuries in the Lincoln Park, Chicago, crash, reports The Verge, which ironically involved a Lincoln Town Car that hopped a curb and traveled some distance before breaking through the Apple Store's glass doors.
On-scene pictures from Twitter users reveal moderate damage to the Apple Store's interior, including a display table filled with MacBooks, accessory shelving and a flat-screen window display that was twisted 180 degrees from its original position after being clipped by the car.
Source: Chicago Tribune
There has been no official word regarding how the accident occurred, however it appears that the incident was unintentional unlike a recent Apple Store "smash and grab" burglary that took place in California last year. Apple has yet to release a statement regarding the accident, but we will update this article when one is issued.
On Topic: General
- Google CEO Larry Page invokes Steve Jobs in interview, defends ambitious Google X projects
- 'Historical implications' made Apple Watch more difficult to design than original iPhone, Jony Ive says
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay