Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 06:41 am PT (09:41 am ET)
Apple alerts developers: iTunes Connect to see 4 hours downtime on Jan. 26Apple has sent out notification to developers that its iTunes Connect developer portal will be down for four hours on Saturday, January 26.
Screenshot from Apple's iTunes Connect developer portal
Apple's email sent to developers states that the site will be down briefly for maintenance, starting at 8 p.m. Pacific on Saturday, AppleInsider reader Gregg said on Wednesday. During that time, content delivery and iTunes Connect will be unavailable.
iTunes Connect is Apple's portal allowing developers to manage apps sold through the App Store, including updates, pricing, and descriptions. The service last went offline in late December for a scheduled winter closure.
On Topic: General
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay
- 'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality
- Microsoft inadvertently leaks 'Band' fitness wearable in new app, reveals 'Microsoft Health' [update: confirmed]
- Apple in early talks to sell iPhone in Iran, report says
- BlackBerry hopes to rekindle sales by reintroducing classic keyboard & form factor