Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 12:08 pm PT (03:08 pm ET)
Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple, U2 reportedly working on secret new digital music format
- Apple creates dedicated portal for users to remove unwanted U2 album
- U2 'Songs of Innocence' giveaway drives 2M downloads as back catalog sales soar
- Apple links new U2 album to iTunes accounts, causes unapproved auto-downloads
- Apple releases iTunes 12 beta ahead of OS X 10.10 Yosemite debut