Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music passes 11M subscribers as iCloud hits 782M users
- First Apple Music TV series to star Dr. Dre, will feature 'no shortage of violence and sex'
- Apple Music and Sonos launch collaborative ad campaign touting benefits of music
- Apple Music to go live on Sonos connected speakers tomorrow
- Apple CEO hints at more cross-platform services, says iPad revenue will rebound by year's end