Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 12:08 pm PT (03:08 pm ET)
Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple features Clumsy Ninja as first iOS App Store title with a video preview
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod
- Pandora says iTunes Radio not affecting business, loses nearly 2M active listeners
- Apple simplifies bulk book and app deployment with new 'managed distribution' program
- Apple pushes out iTunes 11.1.3 with equalizer bug fix, performance enhancements