Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 12:08 pm PT (03:08 pm ET)
Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple reportedly pressing labels for exclusive content as digital music sales dip
- Apple adds hip hop artist Kendrick Lamar to iTunes festival lineup
- Soundgarden joins US debut of Apple's iTunes Festival at SXSW
- Apple releases iTunes 11.1.5 with fix for device connection issues
- Apple bringing iTunes Festival to America at SXSW 2014