Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 12:08 pm PT (03:08 pm ET)
Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- iTunes sales down 13% this year as Apple plans to rebuild, rebrand Beats Music subscription service
- Apple releases iTunes 12.0.1 designed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Apple alerts developers to upcoming iTunes Connect downtime
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for foisting 'Songs of Innocence' on unsuspecting iTunes users
- Apple introduces redesigned iTunes Store to iTunes 12 beta testers