Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 12:08 pm PT (03:08 pm ET)
Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple's iTunes Radio pops up in Ecuador, suggests testing in Latin American market
- Apple considering 'dramatic' overhaul of iTunes Music Store to boost sales - report
- Explicit content slipping through Apple's iTunes Radio profanity filters
- Apple casts wide net to find iTunes users affected by unauthorized in-app purchases
- NPR brings live streaming news to Apple's iTunes Radio, more channels on the way