Tuesday, February 05, 2013, 12:08 pm PT (03:08 pm ET)
Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Inc's new Swift language a "huge leap forward for iOS ecosystem," offers "enormous opportunity" with IBM in enterprise
- iTunes Software and Services fastest growing Apple business segment this year
- Apple releases iTunes 12 beta with 'elegant new design,' Family Sharing
- Apple's 2014 iTunes Festival in London to feature Maroon 5, Beck, Blondie, more
- Apple responds to EC complaints by touting iTunes' app controls as 'leading the industry,' cites iOS 8 "Ask To Buy" feature