Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple to instate country-specific app taxes in EU starting Jan. 1
- Apple's iTunes DRM didn't violate antitrust laws, jury finds
- Pixelmator, Beyonce, 'Guardians of the Galaxy' & 'Fargo' lead Apple's iTunes Best of 2014 awards
- Apple flips switch on holiday-themed iTunes Radio stations
- Antitrust laws could cost Apple $1 billion in iTunes monopoly case