Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music-exclusive Chance the Rapper album debuts in Billboard's top 10
- Apple sent senior engineers to customer's house to investigate music deletion issue
- Apple's iTunes 12.4 update provides unexpected speed boost, fixes deletion bug
- Largest shareholder urges struggling Pandora to sell itself to the highest bidder
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5