Apple highlights self-published iBooks titles as 'Breakout Books'Apple has begun promoting self-published titles on the iBookstore under the banner of "Breakout Books."
The new section on the iTunes Store is advertised by Apple as a "hand-picked collection of books from emerging talents." The company has promised to add new titles regularly.
"All are independently published and have earned high ratings from customers like you," the page reads.
Titles are available in the categories "Romance," "Sci-Fi & Fantasy," "Mysteries & Thrillers," and "More to Explore." Each can be sorted by the best selling titles or release date.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple reverses iTunes Store changes to become more indie-label friendly
- Jury orders Apple to pay $533M for infringing gaming patents
- Apple, AOL ending iTunes login partnership, users must migrate to Apple ID by March 31
- Grammy-nominated DJ Zane Lowe leaving flagship BBC Radio show, joining Apple
- Beats Music integration only part of the story as Apple wants to 'be the music business'