Apple rolls out shorter Lightning cable and redesigned in-ear headphonesApple quietly added a new 0.5 meter Lightning to USB cable and a slightly tweaked premium in-ear headphone design to its online storefront on Thursday, expanding the company's offerings of iOS device accessories.
First spotted by TUAW, the shorter Lightning cable is Apple's second offering, adding to the regular one-meter long version sold as a replacement for the unit supplied with all compatible iPhones, iPads and iPods. Both retail for $19 in the Online Apple Store.
As for the in-ear headphones, not much has changed save for the remote control module with built-in microphone, which now takes on a shape first seen with the recently released EarPods. It appears that the update is merely cosmetic, as none of the hardware specs have been modified on the product page. The IEMs still carry a price of $79 in Apple's online storefront.
On Topic: General
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel
- Customer rampages through French Apple Store, smashes iPhones, iMacs, MacBook Air
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch Series 2, iPhone 7, DJI Mavic Pro, and more