Apple rolls out shorter Lightning cable and redesigned in-ear headphonesApple quietly added a new 0.5 meter Lightning to USB cable and a slightly tweaked premium in-ear headphone design to its online storefront on Thursday, expanding the company's offerings of iOS device accessories.
First spotted by TUAW, the shorter Lightning cable is Apple's second offering, adding to the regular one-meter long version sold as a replacement for the unit supplied with all compatible iPhones, iPads and iPods. Both retail for $19 in the Online Apple Store.
As for the in-ear headphones, not much has changed save for the remote control module with built-in microphone, which now takes on a shape first seen with the recently released EarPods. It appears that the update is merely cosmetic, as none of the hardware specs have been modified on the product page. The IEMs still carry a price of $79 in Apple's online storefront.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Pencil, official Apple Watch dock and safe payments practices
- Apple airs 2015 Christmas TV ad starring Stevie Wonder & Andra Daye
- Apple confirms acquisition of motion capture firm Faceshift
- DisneyLife online streaming service launches in UK with iOS & Apple TV support