Monday, February 25, 2013, 10:46 am PT (01:46 pm ET)
Shazam hits 300M users, shows off redesigned app for Apple's iPadPopular music identification app Shazam announced on Monday that it had surpassed the 300 million user mark and will in the coming months roll out a new, redesigned version of its app for both Apple's iPad and Android tablets.
According to Shazam, the past several months have seen triple-digit growth in the number of downloads of its iPad app, which has become a popular second-screen tool for television watching. The company will, in the coming weeks, redesign that app across both Android and iOS platforms to take better advantage of the tablet form factor.
The redesigned app will include a new feature showing what TV shows and music people are currently tagging, as well as what is most popular in the Shazam Tag Charts.
Users will also have access to an interactive mapping feature, allowing users to zoom in to any city in the world to see what's popular there. It will also bring an improved Shazam Friends feature, quick-tagging that identifies a song or show in as little as one second, improved sharing, and automatic resubmission when a user enters a better network reception area.
On Topic: App Store
- Yahoo gives Flickr complete overhaul with new design, HD video and image search
- Facebook unveils new 'Nearby Friends' geolocation meetup feature
- RunKeeper's new Breeze app goes beyond workouts to count daily steps via Apple's M7 chip in iPhone 5s
- Apple-highlighted iOS toy Anki Drive gains new cars, tracks & race mode
- Google releases Helpouts for iOS, A&E brings live streaming from cable to the iPad