Thursday, February 28, 2013, 07:47 pm PT (10:47 pm ET)
Evernote for iOS updated with 'The Trunk,' Snippets, enhanced PDF viewerSynchronized note taking and organization app Evernote hit version 5.2 on Thursday, offering iOS users access to third-party integrated software via "The Trunk" and carry-overs from the OS X app including Snippets.
Evernote v. 5.2 is geared toward iPad users, providing the new Snippet view that allows for easier navigation by opening notes in a browsable separate window beside the note list. To access Snippets, users simply pull down from the list view to reveal the feature's icon.
Also new to iPad is a vastly improved PDF viewer. Along with support for landscape mode with rotation lock capabilities, Evernote users can now search within and view multi-page documents.
The update also brings two new text formatting options: "Simplify Text," which brings parity to messy formatting, and "Plain Text," which converts note into plain text.
In a welcome addition to its iOS offering, Evernote now supports The Trunk, an online marketplace for Evernote-powered plug-in apps like Pocket and Penultimate.
Finally, users who subscribe to the Evernote Business can now view their company's Business Library from an iPad. Offline viewing is also offered for Business Notebooks.
Evernote for iOS is available as a 38.7MB free download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Rumor: Apple in late-stage talks to buy Path social platform
- Apple activates revamped iTunes Connect Web portal with design overhaul, new tools
- Rovio releases Angry Birds Stella, Rdio unveils station-focused update
- Apple Store app overhauled with cross-platform shopping features, fresh design
- Adobe's Photoshop Mix for iPad gets extensibility, panoramic file support, more in update