Apple updates iWork for iOS suite with minor stability improvementsApple on Thursday issued three minor updates for the iWork for iOS app suite, which includes iPhone and iPad versions of Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
The updates, which contain bug fixes and stability improvements, brings Apple's Numbers spreadsheet, Pages word processor and Keynote presentation apps up to version 1.7.2.
Thursday's minor update comes three months after the app suite saw a major upgrade in December. In that version, Pages gained improved compatibility with Microsoft Word and support for Change Tracking, which allows users to easily collaborate on the same document by making edits viewable to all contributors. At the same time, Numbers was updated with enhanced support for Microsoft Excel files, while Keynote was given improved functionality with Microsoft PowerPoint as well as new slide transitions.
The newest version of Pages, Numbers and Keynote come in at 257MB, 256MB and 319MB, respectively. All three can be downloaded from the App Store as free updates, or at a price of $9.99 each for new users.
On Topic: iWork
- Apple fixes VoiceOver bugs in update to iWork suite for iOS
- Apple updates several optional iOS apps, adds Watch remote support to Keynote
- Apple's iWork for iCloud goes platform agnostic, open to everyone
- iWork for iCloud now available to users who don't own Apple hardware
- Apple adds new languages to iWork for iCloud, including Spanish, German, French & Chinese