Thursday, March 07, 2013, 01:20 pm PT (04:20 pm ET)
Apple updates iWork for iOS suite with minor stability improvementsApple on Thursday issued three minor updates for the iWork for iOS app suite, which includes iPhone and iPad versions of Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
The updates, which contain bug fixes and stability improvements, brings Apple's Numbers spreadsheet, Pages word processor and Keynote presentation apps up to version 1.7.2.
Thursday's minor update comes three months after the app suite saw a major upgrade in December. In that version, Pages gained improved compatibility with Microsoft Word and support for Change Tracking, which allows users to easily collaborate on the same document by making edits viewable to all contributors. At the same time, Numbers was updated with enhanced support for Microsoft Excel files, while Keynote was given improved functionality with Microsoft PowerPoint as well as new slide transitions.
The newest version of Pages, Numbers and Keynote come in at 257MB, 256MB and 319MB, respectively. All three can be downloaded from the App Store as free updates, or at a price of $9.99 each for new users.
On Topic: iWork
- Apple updates iWork apps for iOS with stability improvements and bug fixes
- Apple updates iWork for iOS, OS X and iCloud with enhanced usability, graphics tweaks
- Apple updates iWork suite for OS X and iOS with new features, bug fixes [u]
- iWork for iCloud gets iOS7-inspired look, new document and security features
- iOS productivity showdown: Apple iWork vs. Microsoft Office 365 vs. Google Docs