Apple updates iWork for iOS suite with minor stability improvementsApple on Thursday issued three minor updates for the iWork for iOS app suite, which includes iPhone and iPad versions of Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
The updates, which contain bug fixes and stability improvements, brings Apple's Numbers spreadsheet, Pages word processor and Keynote presentation apps up to version 1.7.2.
Thursday's minor update comes three months after the app suite saw a major upgrade in December. In that version, Pages gained improved compatibility with Microsoft Word and support for Change Tracking, which allows users to easily collaborate on the same document by making edits viewable to all contributors. At the same time, Numbers was updated with enhanced support for Microsoft Excel files, while Keynote was given improved functionality with Microsoft PowerPoint as well as new slide transitions.
The newest version of Pages, Numbers and Keynote come in at 257MB, 256MB and 319MB, respectively. All three can be downloaded from the App Store as free updates, or at a price of $9.99 each for new users.
On Topic: iWork
- Apple's iWork suites for iOS, Mac get minor updates for stability, bug fixes
- This week on AppleInsider: New iMacs, iWork updates, 'Magic' accessories & more
- Apple takes iWork for iCloud out of beta, adds features
- Apple updates iWork for iOS and OS X El Capitan with support for multitasking, 3D Touch, VoiceOver, more
- Apple fixes VoiceOver bugs in update to iWork suite for iOS