Monday, March 11, 2013, 09:46 pm
Apple's new iPhone 5 ads continue refreshed campaign themeApple recently posted two new iPhone 5 TV spots to its website, each taking on the new direction introduced with the latest iPad commercials that aired last month.
The two ads, titled "Discover" and "Brilliant," use the same technique of showing a flurry of words describing the multiple app offerings on the App Store before stopping on and highlighting a single word with a few choice app titles. Apple's latest spots are similar to the iPad and iPad mini advertisements first seen in February.
As seen in the ad above, the focus is not on the iPhone's hardware, as with past commercials, but is instead on the huge library of apps available in the App Store. Some of the titles covered in "Discover" and "Brilliant" are Cleartune, Shazam, Infinity Blade II, Elements and the Hue lighting app, along with first party apps like Passbook and Maps.
On Topic: iPhone
- AT&T to bring FaceTime over cellular to all customers by end of year
- Apple debuts new iPhone discounts, subsidies to gain ground in India
- Looking to pull even with Apple, Samsung to pay developers for Galaxy-specific apps
- 10M Samsung flagship phones in 28 days a 'record,' 5M iPhone 5 in 3 days 'disappointing'
- Briefly: Virgin Mobile offers 15% discount on prepaid iPhone 4/4S