Apple's new iPhone 5 ads continue refreshed campaign themeApple recently posted two new iPhone 5 TV spots to its website, each taking on the new direction introduced with the latest iPad commercials that aired last month.
The two ads, titled "Discover" and "Brilliant," use the same technique of showing a flurry of words describing the multiple app offerings on the App Store before stopping on and highlighting a single word with a few choice app titles. Apple's latest spots are similar to the iPad and iPad mini advertisements first seen in February.
As seen in the ad above, the focus is not on the iPhone's hardware, as with past commercials, but is instead on the huge library of apps available in the App Store. Some of the titles covered in "Discover" and "Brilliant" are Cleartune, Shazam, Infinity Blade II, Elements and the Hue lighting app, along with first party apps like Passbook and Maps.
On Topic: iPhone
- iPhone sales surge in Q1 on strong China, emerging market performance
- Google opens Inbox access, brings Cardboard to iOS, updates Places API and Maps
- Todoist comes to Apple Watch, Moleskine launches Timepage calendar app for Watch & iPhone
- Avago to acquire major Apple supplier Broadcom for $37 billion
- Chevrolet to add CarPlay support to 14 vehicles for 2016 model year