Monday, March 11, 2013, 06:46 pm PT (09:46 pm ET)
Apple's new iPhone 5 ads continue refreshed campaign themeApple recently posted two new iPhone 5 TV spots to its website, each taking on the new direction introduced with the latest iPad commercials that aired last month.
The two ads, titled "Discover" and "Brilliant," use the same technique of showing a flurry of words describing the multiple app offerings on the App Store before stopping on and highlighting a single word with a few choice app titles. Apple's latest spots are similar to the iPad and iPad mini advertisements first seen in February.
As seen in the ad above, the focus is not on the iPhone's hardware, as with past commercials, but is instead on the huge library of apps available in the App Store. Some of the titles covered in "Discover" and "Brilliant" are Cleartune, Shazam, Infinity Blade II, Elements and the Hue lighting app, along with first party apps like Passbook and Maps.
On Topic: iPhone
- Grocery chain Meijer continues accepting Apple Pay despite CurrentC support
- NXP hopes Apple's adoption of NFC will encourage automakers to use its chips to replace car keys
- Samsung, Apple retain global smartphone lead in Q3 as Xiaomi rockets into third
- Developers of PCalc, Nomi run afoul of Apple's evolving iOS 8 App Store policies
- Constrained supply keeps iPhone 6 Plus resale prices at 124% of retail price