Gmail revamps mobile web client with iOS app design cuesGoogle on Monday announced the introduction of a refreshed version of its mobile web client, which takes some of the best UI features found in the iOS app and integrates them into a version available on most mobile operating systems.
With the update, which is currently rolling out to users across the Web, the Gmail team has brought the email service's web client more in line with the redesigned iOS app Google launched in December.
Along with the new user interface, which boasts a clean, uncluttered home page with minimal use of colors, the refresh brings improved search and Google Calendar integration. As noted by Google, users can take advantage of the changes in both the web client and Gmail Offline.
The new gmail.com is compatible with Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Kindle Fire devices.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Upper East Side store in Manhattan to open after WWDC on June 13
- Apple tops Consumer Reports satisfaction survey for computer technical support
- Elite Chinese university allegedly ripped off Apple's Touch ID logo for anniversary celebration
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Jony Ive's promotion, Apple Watch bugs & Pixelmator for iPhone
- Apple buys established augmented reality firm Metaio