Thursday, April 04, 2013, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Microsoft ending support for Office for Mac 2008 April 9On April 9, 2013, Microsoft will end support for the Office for Mac 2008 productivity suite.
Affected products, according to Microsoft's Support Lifecycle page, will include Office 2008 for Mac, Mac Business Edition, Home and Student Edition, and Special Media Edition. Microsoft is encouraging Office for Mac 2008 users to buy Office for Mac 2011 in order to have support by way of service packs and other updates.
The Office For Mac Blog recommends an Office 365 subscription, which includes Office for Mac 2011, as well as all future upgrades to the product. Office 2008 users will still be able to download updates for the software until April 19, 2014.
On Topic: General
- Apple opens iTunes donations for 'City of Hope' cancer charity, moves beyond natural disaster relief
- PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung
- Pebble smartwatch gets $50 price cut, background tracking for fitness & sleep
- Microsoft looks to distance itself from Windows 8, jumps to Windows 10
- European Commission finds Ireland's tax deal with Apple amounts to illegal state aid