Microsoft ending support for Office for Mac 2008 April 9On April 9, 2013, Microsoft will end support for the Office for Mac 2008 productivity suite.
Affected products, according to Microsoft's Support Lifecycle page, will include Office 2008 for Mac, Mac Business Edition, Home and Student Edition, and Special Media Edition. Microsoft is encouraging Office for Mac 2008 users to buy Office for Mac 2011 in order to have support by way of service packs and other updates.
The Office For Mac Blog recommends an Office 365 subscription, which includes Office for Mac 2011, as well as all future upgrades to the product. Office 2008 users will still be able to download updates for the software until April 19, 2014.
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel