Thursday, April 04, 2013, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Microsoft ending support for Office for Mac 2008 April 9On April 9, 2013, Microsoft will end support for the Office for Mac 2008 productivity suite.
Affected products, according to Microsoft's Support Lifecycle page, will include Office 2008 for Mac, Mac Business Edition, Home and Student Edition, and Special Media Edition. Microsoft is encouraging Office for Mac 2008 users to buy Office for Mac 2011 in order to have support by way of service packs and other updates.
The Office For Mac Blog recommends an Office 365 subscription, which includes Office for Mac 2011, as well as all future upgrades to the product. Office 2008 users will still be able to download updates for the software until April 19, 2014.
On Topic: General
- Ousted Apple exec Scott Forstall reportedly advising startups, focusing on philanthropy
- Apple Stores offering free 'Hour of Code' development classes this Wednesday
- Apple joins Google, Microsoft, others in support of government surveillance reform
- Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage
- In lieu of a Retina Thunderbolt Display, Apple now selling 4K IGZO Sharp LED monitor