Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 01:26 pm PT (04:26 pm ET)
Apple's iMessage and FaceTime down for some users [u]An unknown number of users have been affected by an outage of Apple's iMessage and FaceTime messaging services, with downtime reaching nearly an hour.
Apple has confirmed the service interruption on its iCloud System Status webpage, noting that some iMessage and FaceTime users are unable to send messages or make video calls. The root of the problem is unknown at this time.
Tuesday's troubles add to a list of sporadic iCloud service outages that have cropped up recently. The issues are usually resolved within one to two hours.
Most recently, Apple's iCloud account authentication system went down immediately after the company rolled out the OS X 10.8.3 maintenance update, causing some users to be left without a number of services.
Update: As of 5:20 p.m. PST, all issues have been resolved. The outage lasted for a little over five hours.
On Topic: General
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door
- Apple launches iCloud Photos beta Web client ahead of iOS 8.1 rollout
- Full video of Jony Ive's Vanity Fair interview posted online
- Exclusive video: Apple's new "spaceship" Campus 2 is figuratively taking off
- American Express prepares customers for Apple Pay launch, details setup procedure