Apple's iMessage and FaceTime down for some users [u]An unknown number of users have been affected by an outage of Apple's iMessage and FaceTime messaging services, with downtime reaching nearly an hour.
Apple has confirmed the service interruption on its iCloud System Status webpage, noting that some iMessage and FaceTime users are unable to send messages or make video calls. The root of the problem is unknown at this time.
Tuesday's troubles add to a list of sporadic iCloud service outages that have cropped up recently. The issues are usually resolved within one to two hours.
Most recently, Apple's iCloud account authentication system went down immediately after the company rolled out the OS X 10.8.3 maintenance update, causing some users to be left without a number of services.
Update: As of 5:20 p.m. PST, all issues have been resolved. The outage lasted for a little over five hours.
On Topic: General
- Apple looking for hardware and software engineers to build virtual reality displays
- Apple takes top spot in online order fulfillment in Q4 with average ship time of 2.5 days
- Apple's iWork for iCloud goes platform agnostic, open to everyone
- Fresh off $533M victory, Smartflash files another patent suit against Apple
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event will be streamed live from its website, Apple TV