iMessage & FaceTime outage hits Apple devices for second time in a week [update: fixed]Apple's iMessage and FaceTime services saw their second outage this week on Friday, as both services were unavailable to "some users," the company disclosed.
The online services provided by Apple can be tracked through the company's System Status page, which provides real-time updates on its stores, iCloud, and other features such as iMessage. As of Friday morning, iMessage and FaceTime were experiencing issues for over an hour.
The downtime for some users marks the second time this week that Apple's services have seen issues. Downtime reached more than five hours when both FaceTime and iMessage became unavailable on Tuesday.
As with the outage earlier this week, other services appear to be unaffected, as features like Photo Stream and digital stores like the App Store remain available.
Apple has seen a number of sporadic iCloud service outages in recent weeks. The issues are typically resolved within one to two hours.
Update: Apple fixed the issue as of 6:07 p.m. Pacific. The outage lasted for a little over one hour.
On Topic: General
- iPhone and Mac to shine in Apple's Q2 2015 earnings, analyst says
- Google Maps Easter egg shows Android mascot urinating on Apple logo [updated]
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Watch shipments, 12" MacBook review, more
- Final Cut creator Randy Ubillos leaves Apple after 20 years
- Apple beefing up Siri, speech and language teams with wave of new openings