iMessage & FaceTime outage hits Apple devices for second time in a week [update: fixed]Apple's iMessage and FaceTime services saw their second outage this week on Friday, as both services were unavailable to "some users," the company disclosed.
The online services provided by Apple can be tracked through the company's System Status page, which provides real-time updates on its stores, iCloud, and other features such as iMessage. As of Friday morning, iMessage and FaceTime were experiencing issues for over an hour.
The downtime for some users marks the second time this week that Apple's services have seen issues. Downtime reached more than five hours when both FaceTime and iMessage became unavailable on Tuesday.
As with the outage earlier this week, other services appear to be unaffected, as features like Photo Stream and digital stores like the App Store remain available.
Apple has seen a number of sporadic iCloud service outages in recent weeks. The issues are typically resolved within one to two hours.
Update: Apple fixed the issue as of 6:07 p.m. Pacific. The outage lasted for a little over one hour.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft debuts Surface Studio all-in-one PC, refreshes high-end Surface Book
- Microsoft reveals VR & AR-focused Windows 10 'Creator's Update,' expected in early 2017
- French Apple iPhone, iMac bludgeoner given six-month suspended jail sentence, fined
- Apple Pay Vice President Jennifer Bailey to speak at Code Commerce event
- Apple design head Jony Ive collaborates on Claridge's Christmas tree in London