Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 01:40 pm PT (04:40 pm ET)
Apple updates Aperture and iPhoto with bug fixes, adds printer driver support to OS XApple on Tuesday released a number of updates for its desktop operating system, including bug fixes for the Aperture image editing program and a handful of maintenance updates which add printer drivers to OS X.
Aperture and iPhoto
The Aperture update brings the app up to version 3.4.4 and offers a number of fixes and stability improvements, but no new features were added.
From the release notes:
What's New in Version 3.4.4
- Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly during image import
- Nikon P7700 RAW images are now displayed correctly in the Import window
- Thumbnails with version names longer than 250 characters are now displayed correctly
- Fixes an issue that could cause multiple warning dialogs to appear when web albums are synced after waking from sleep
- Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when uploading photos to Photo Stream
- Shared Photo Stream invitation lists now scroll correctly
- Includes stability and performance improvements
Aperture v3.4.4 comes in at 523.15MB and can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's Support Downloads webpage.
iPhoto get a number of imporvements along with bug fixes, including drag-to-delete photos, RAW image editing and Photo Stream exporting.
From the release notes:
- Photos can now be deleted from My Photo Stream by dragging to the Trash
- Photos can now be exported from Photo Stream using the Export command in the File menu
- RAW images manually imported from My Photo Stream are now editable
- Fixes a bug that could cause manually-rotated photos to appear unrotated when shared to Photo Stream
- Addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly while syncing to Facebook
- Resolves an issue that could cause calendar text to appear at the wrong font size, resulting in order cancellation
- Fixes an issue that could cause books to have an incorrect number of pages after rearranging two-page spreads
- Includes stability improvements
The latest iPhoto version 9.4.3 is a 1.12GB download from Software Update or Apple Support webpage.
For those who do not yet own Aperture or iPhoto, each can be purchased through the Mac App Store for a $74.99 and $14.99, respectively.
In its usual printer driver maintenance update, Apple adds support for various Epson and HP printers and scanners, as well as Canon laser printers. For a full list of supported hardware, visit Apple's dedicated support webpage.
Epson's v2.13 driver pack weighs in at a hefty 1.04GB, Canon's v2.0 comes in at 22.92MB and HP's v2.13 is 450.57MB. All three can be downloaded via Software Update and Apple Support Downloads page.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite
- Get your Mac online anywhere easily with OS X Yosemite's new Instant Hotspot iPhone tethering feature
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite
- Using widgets in OS X Yosemite's new Notification Center
- How to activate 'Dark mode' in OS X Yosemite