Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 01:34 pm PT (04:34 pm ET)
Apple's Aperture and iPhoto get RAW image file compatibility for new Fujifilm camerasAn update pushed out on Wednesday brings Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11 support for RAW image files from four Fujifilm digital cameras.
Apple's Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.05 adds support for the latest Fujifilm digital cameras, all of which use the company's proprietary X-Trans CMOS sensor.
From the release notes:
This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:
- Fujifilm X20
- Fujifilm X100S
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
The Fuji-centric RAW compatibility update comes in at 6.3MB and can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's support pages.
On Topic: General
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial
- Spotify adds new hardware partners for Apple AirPlay rival Spotify Connect
- LaCie unveils 48TB Thunderbolt 2 drive, Dropbox upgrades Pro plans to 1TB
- iPhone-controlled August Smart Lock finally starts shipping to preorder customers