Apple's Aperture and iPhoto get RAW image file compatibility for new Fujifilm camerasAn update pushed out on Wednesday brings Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11 support for RAW image files from four Fujifilm digital cameras.
Apple's Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.05 adds support for the latest Fujifilm digital cameras, all of which use the company's proprietary X-Trans CMOS sensor.
From the release notes:
This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:
- Fujifilm X20
- Fujifilm X100S
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
The Fuji-centric RAW compatibility update comes in at 6.3MB and can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's support pages.
On Topic: General
- Apple to reportedly bolster iAd user targeting with phone numbers and emails
- Apple researching device waterproofing via vapor deposition, silicone seals
- Judges skeptical Apple suffered irreparable harm from Samsung patent infringement
- Judge approves $415M settlement in 'no-poach' class-action case involving Apple, Google, others
- Yerba Buena Center getting 'Spring Forward' makeover for Monday's Apple Watch event