Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 01:34 pm PT (04:34 pm ET)
Apple's Aperture and iPhoto get RAW image file compatibility for new Fujifilm camerasAn update pushed out on Wednesday brings Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11 support for RAW image files from four Fujifilm digital cameras.
Apple's Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.05 adds support for the latest Fujifilm digital cameras, all of which use the company's proprietary X-Trans CMOS sensor.
From the release notes:
This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:
- Fujifilm X20
- Fujifilm X100S
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
The Fuji-centric RAW compatibility update comes in at 6.3MB and can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's support pages.
On Topic: General
- HP partners with Gilt, Michael Bastian to build iOS-compatible high-fashion smartwatch
- Apple and Beats introduce 'Pills' characters to Siri in first official ad
- Apple refutes Beats layoff rumors, says every employee offered a job
- Microsoft sues Samsung over unpaid Android patent royalties
- Apple wins preliminary approval for $450M e-books settlement