Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 01:34 pm PT (04:34 pm ET)
Apple's Aperture and iPhoto get RAW image file compatibility for new Fujifilm camerasAn update pushed out on Wednesday brings Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11 support for RAW image files from four Fujifilm digital cameras.
Apple's Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.05 adds support for the latest Fujifilm digital cameras, all of which use the company's proprietary X-Trans CMOS sensor.
From the release notes:
This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:
- Fujifilm X20
- Fujifilm X100S
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
The Fuji-centric RAW compatibility update comes in at 6.3MB and can be downloaded through Software Update or Apple's support pages.
On Topic: General
- Apple customer service hit by massive traffic spike one day after iPhone 6 launch
- Apple CEO Tim Cook shares 'optimistic' views on reversing climate change & selling green products to consumers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation