Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:51 am PT (02:51 pm ET)
Apple's first retail store in Berlin gets May 3 grand openingApple will open its first-ever retail store in Germany's capital city of Berlin next Friday, May 3, the company has officially announced.
Apple posted notification of the Berlin Apple Store's opening on its web site Thursday, giving it a 5 p.m. local time opening. Other Apple Stores have tended to open in the morning . The new store will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday. It will be closed on Sundays.
Set along Berlin's Kurfürstendamm, the new shop will be Apple's 11th in Germany overall. Apple has been developing the location for some time, but only recently has the store approached readiness. The new site will be Apple's largest store in Germany.
Apple's retail stores have given the tech giant a physical footprint around the world unmatched by virtually any other tech company. As the grand opening of the Berlin store approaches, Apple is also prepping a new retail store in Adelaide, Australia. In the fourth quarter of 2012, Apple's retail locations saw 120 million visitors, with the average store doing more than $50 million in revenue for the year.
On Topic: General
- Review: Razer's Kraken Pro analog gaming headset
- Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal Shimpi
- Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'