Thursday, April 25, 2013, 03:10 pm PT (06:10 pm ET)
XCOM lands on Mac App Store, Lego Batman comes to iOSGaming fans on Apple devices got two new options for fun on Thursday, with XCOM landing on the Mac platform and Lego Batman coming to iOS.
The XCOM franchise arrives on the Mac as the XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Edition. Ported by Feral Interactive, the Mac version includes the original release as well as the downloadable content that has been released since, including the Slingshot Pack, the Elite Soldier Pack, and the Second Wave update.
Players control an elite military force tasked with repelling an alien invading force. When not in the field, players must manage the resources of XCOM, the division charged with protecting the earth.
XCOM: Enemy unknown includes LAN and online multiplayer options. System requirements for the title are available at the Mac App Store, where XCOM retails for $50.
Thursday also saw the release of Warner Bros.' Lego Batman: DC Super Heroes on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The new game puts players in control of Lego versions of heroes like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and more, all looking to save Gotham City from the Joker and Lex Luthor.
Lego Batman: DC Super Heroes is available for $5 in the App Store. The 1.33GB download is compatible with iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Shazam launches Mac app with always-on listening mode
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks beta to developers with Safari seeds in tow
- Russian government asks Apple to hand over source code amid spying concerns
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues