New mophie juice pack plus boosts iPhone 5 power by 120%Apple's iPhone 5 is getting another battery-boosting accessory from mophie, as the company announced the availability of the juice pack plus, which boosts the battery life of Apple's newest handset by 120 percent.
The new juice pack plus battery case is mophie's third for the iPhone 5. Its 2100mAh battery more than doubles the battery life of Apple's smartphone, while its construction allows for greater protection. It features a dual-injected sleeve with a shockproof band and anti-scratch guides to buffer the impact of falls.
With the juice pack plus, the iPhone 5 gets up to 10 hours of additional talk time and Internet on 3G or up to 12 hours of internet use on Wi-Fi. Video playback is lengthened by 12 hours, and the case enables up to 50 hours of additional audio playback.
The juice pack plus joins the juice pack air and the juice pack helium among mophie's offerings for iPhone 5 owners.
The new juice pack plus is available in black, white, and in a (PRODUCT) RED version for $120 on mophie's site. The RED version will ship on May 31, while the white version ships on May 22. The black model ships in 1-2 days.
On Topic: iPhone
- Samsung's Galaxy S6, S6 Edge receive tepid interest in native South Korea
- Apple 'unlikely' to launch new 4-inch iPhone model this year, insider says
- Apple updates several optional iOS apps, adds Watch remote support to Keynote
- ARM earnings grow 22 percent on royalties from newer smartphones like iPhone 6
- Google to discontinue YouTube support on older iOS devices, Apple TVs