Thursday, May 16, 2013, 06:15 am PT (09:15 am ET)
New mophie juice pack plus boosts iPhone 5 power by 120%Apple's iPhone 5 is getting another battery-boosting accessory from mophie, as the company announced the availability of the juice pack plus, which boosts the battery life of Apple's newest handset by 120 percent.
The new juice pack plus battery case is mophie's third for the iPhone 5. Its 2100mAh battery more than doubles the battery life of Apple's smartphone, while its construction allows for greater protection. It features a dual-injected sleeve with a shockproof band and anti-scratch guides to buffer the impact of falls.
With the juice pack plus, the iPhone 5 gets up to 10 hours of additional talk time and Internet on 3G or up to 12 hours of internet use on Wi-Fi. Video playback is lengthened by 12 hours, and the case enables up to 50 hours of additional audio playback.
The juice pack plus joins the juice pack air and the juice pack helium among mophie's offerings for iPhone 5 owners.
The new juice pack plus is available in black, white, and in a (PRODUCT) RED version for $120 on mophie's site. The RED version will ship on May 31, while the white version ships on May 22. The black model ships in 1-2 days.
On Topic: iPhone
- Review roundup: Fire Phone is good for Amazon, but doesn't stack up to competitors
- Strong iPhone 5c sales gave Apple highest growth in mid-range iPhone market
- Flir One case turns Apple's iPhone into a high-end thermal imaging camera
- Apple's alliance with IBM counters BYOD 'nightmare' for companies adopting iPhone
- WSJ: Apple preparing 70M to 80M combined iPhone 6 units for biggest launch ever