Apple Store further drops refurbished 4th-gen iPad, iPad mini pricesApple on Friday slashed prices for certified refurbished fourth-generation iPad and iPad mini models, with savings going up to nearly $150 in some cases.
The price drop, first spotted by TUAW, comes over two months after Apple first started selling refurbished models of the latest iPad designs through its online store.
With the added cuts, a 16-gigabyte iPad mini with Wi-Fi comes in at $279, representing a 15 percent, or $50, reduction from retail pricing. Previously, the 7.9-inch tablet being sold through the Apple Certified Refurbished store carried saving percentages in the single-digits.
Prices for the latest full-size iPad also dropped, with the least expensive 16GB Wi-Fi model coming in at $419, or 16 percent off retail.
On the high end, a fully equipped 64GB iPad mini with Wi-Fi plus cellular comes to $549, or $110 off list, while the 64GB fourth-gen iPad with Wi-Fi plus cellular is being sold at $689, a 16 percent savings.
On Topic: iPad
- Apple touts 'tested to the limit' iPhone & iPad cases in new online store campaign
- Apple SIM goes global: GigSky brings iPad data plans to more than 90 countries & territories
- iTunes U update allows homework submissions, outside app integration [u]
- New York school district converts 75% of its curriculum to Apple's iPad
- First-gen iPad mini vanishes from Apple's store, leaving only Retina models