Best Buy to offer $50 off all iPhone 5 & 4S models starting SundayStarting this Sunday, electronics retailer Best Buy will be offering $50 off the purchase of any new iPhone model with a service contract, marking a rare discount opportunity for Apple's smartphone lineup.
The upcoming sale will be a four-week-long promotion that applies to the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint, the three largest carriers in the U.S. The discount does not apply to the iPhone 4, which is already free with a two-year service contract, the company confirmed to AppleInsider.
The sale means shoppers will be able to buy an iPhone 4S for $49, a 16-gigabyte iPhone 5 for $149, a 32-gigabyte iPhone 5 for $249, or the top-end 64-gigabyte iPhone 5 for $349.
Customers will need to buy a new two-year service contract in order to receive the typical handset subsidy and Best Buy's special $50 discount. Discounts on some Android phones, including the Samsung Galaxy S III, are also planned to run from May 26 to June 1.
While discounts and buy one, get one free promotions are common for Android handsets and other smartphones, iPhone discounts tend to be infrequent because of Apple's strict pricing strategy.
On Topic: iPhone
- New photos show possible Lightning-equipped EarPods for Apple's 'iPhone 7'
- Porsche expands Apple CarPlay support with 2017 Panamera
- Cirrus Logic unveils Apple-authorized Lightning headphone development kit
- Apple supplier Flexium expects sales rebound in July, likely tied to 'iPhone 7'
- On its 9th birthday, Apple's iPhone finds itself at a crossroads