Firaxis' XCOM: Enemy Unknown lands on on iOS June 20Smash hit strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown will finally invade Apple's iOS platform this week, bringing turn-based alien destruction to owners of iPhones and iPads.
Firaxis, developers of the surprisingly successful PC Mac, and console versions of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, say that the iOS version will bring a full version of the game to iPods, iPads and iPhones. The only element that will suffer in the transition is the graphical quality.
XCOM puts players in control of a secret organization tasked with fending off a worldwide extraterrestrial invasion. The game consists of both turn-based tactical strategy and the management of the technology and finances of the unit that fights aliens.
The port will bring "the complete experience of the console and PC version of the game, optimized for the touch interface of iOS devices," Kotaku reported on Monday. The game will also see the addition of a head-to-head multiplayer mode some time after its release with a free update.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be available in the iTunes App Store on Thursday, June 20. The $20 game is compatible with fifth-generation iPod touch devices, iPad 2 and up, and iPhone 4S and up.
On Topic: Games
- Pokemon Go launches in France and Hong Kong as Nintendo stock plummets
- Pokemon Go comes home, launches in Japan with McDonald's sponsorship
- Square Enix to release exclusive Apple Watch game Cosmos Rings this summer
- Pokemon Go hits Canada & 26 European countries, server struggles stall Japan launch
- Pokemon Go European launch widens as T-Mobile, Sprint offer promotions for US players