iOS 7 beta: Apple's 'Voice Memos' app returns in latest buildWhile it was absent from the first beta of iOS 7, the built-in "Voice Memos" application has returned with Monday's release of iOS 7 beta 2.
Developers testing iOS 7 will see the Voice Memos application appear on their home screen after installing the latest version of the beta software. It features a new icon showing wavelengths of a sound recording against a white background.
Like other native applications in iOS 7, the software has also been redesigned with a new look. Recording can be initiated by hitting a large red button, and a timeline with sound wavelengths scrolls as the memo is saved.
When tapping Done, users can then enter a name for their new recording, and it is saved. A list of saved recordings can be found at the bottom of the screen.
Legacy recordings that may have been saved in iCloud are restored with the return of the Voice Memos application, and can be listened to once again. Clips can also be trimmed, sent via message, mail or AirDrop, or deleted.
On Topic: iOS
- Retailers, payments association side with Australian banks over Apple Pay negotiations
- Apple issues 7th developer & 6th public betas of iOS 10 as final launch approaches
- Australian banks denied interim approval to negotiate over Apple Pay
- FaceTime video chat competitor Google Duo released for iOS, Android
- Apple issues sixth betas of iOS 10, watchOS 3 macOS Sierra & tvOS 10, new public iOS 10 beta