Thursday, June 27, 2013, 02:16 pm PT (05:16 pm ET)
Twitter #Music gets new genre filtering and in-app Rdio authentication with updateTwitter's music discovery app was updated on Thursday, bringing a new genre-based browsing along with the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.
With the the new genres filter, Twitter #Music looks to offer a more targeted experience for its users, with "tons" of options to choose from, including "Superstars, Popular, Emerging, Unearthed and Hunted charts," among others.
Version 1.1 also includes in-app authentication with the Rdio Internet music service. Previously, Twitter #Music would force users to leave the app and sign in to Rdio via Safari.
Finally, the latest build includes a fix for instances where a track would be unavailable for playback, as well as a number of bug resolutions.
Twitter #Music for iOS is available for free as an 18.4MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Spotify brings its new look to iPad, Skype update lets users save and delete chat photos
- Developers of PCalc, Nomi run afoul of Apple's evolving iOS 8 App Store policies
- Nike+ Running app updated with Apple HealthKit integration, elevation tracking, more
- Facebook introduces anonymous chat app 'Rooms'
- Apple expands TestFlight iOS app beta invitations to 1,000 users