Twitter #Music gets new genre filtering and in-app Rdio authentication with updateTwitter's music discovery app was updated on Thursday, bringing a new genre-based browsing along with the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.
With the the new genres filter, Twitter #Music looks to offer a more targeted experience for its users, with "tons" of options to choose from, including "Superstars, Popular, Emerging, Unearthed and Hunted charts," among others.
Version 1.1 also includes in-app authentication with the Rdio Internet music service. Previously, Twitter #Music would force users to leave the app and sign in to Rdio via Safari.
Finally, the latest build includes a fix for instances where a track would be unavailable for playback, as well as a number of bug resolutions.
Twitter #Music for iOS is available for free as an 18.4MB download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- LinkedIn overhauls mobile & Web messaging functions, Instagram makes enhancements to Direct
- Entry into $34B console gaming market seen as largest opportunity for new Apple TV
- EU clears Apple and labels of colluding against free streaming music services, turns eye to App Store fees
- Apple's impressive App Store growth continues to be overlooked by Wall Street, Macquarie says
- Adidas buys fitness app maker Runtastic for $239 million